Music Tutor Required
Masamba Samba School is a busy music collective based in the historic Liberties area of Dublin. We are seeking applications for the post of Music Tutor, a position funded through the Community Services Programme of the Department of Social Protection.
This is a full-time position (39 hours per week), with a basic salary of €19033 per annum, and the possibility of significant performance-related bonuses.
The job will primarily involve delivering percussion workshops with children and young people in the greater Dublin area, but the successful candidate must be open to working anywhere on the island of Ireland and with diverse participant groups.
In addition to teaching work, the successful candidate will be expected to deliver some admin. and marketing duties.
Percussion skills to grade 8 or higher, or relevant practical experience
Good Communication Skills
Good Teamwork Skills
Good Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Photoshop, Web and Email)
Strong Personal Motivation
A full, clean driving license and access to a car or van.
All applications must include at least 3 relevant referees.
The Community Services Programme is a labour activation measure, and candidates must fit one of the following criteria:
- Person in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseeker’s Assistance (JA) or one parent family payment (OPF).
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension, blind persons pension or other disability benefit.
- Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Assistance or one parent family benefit.
- Stabilised and recovering drug mis‐users.
- People employed from Tús, Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible. Former RSS workers who were previously CE placements are also eligible.
Successful candidates will be Garda vetted
Applications can be emailed or posted and must be at our office no later than 5.30pm on Friday, 7th April 2017. Interviews will take place on Wednesday, April 26th.